Re: Re: Why does Inverse[M] hesitate?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54437] Re: [mg54373] Re: Why does Inverse[M] hesitate?
  • From: Chris Chiasson <chris.chiasson at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:10:11 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

The reason for the "unevaluated" commands is that, in the first case,
you have not actually supplied a nested list to the Inverse function.
I know the description for MatrixForm says it does not affect
evaluation... It does not affect evaluation of whatever is inside of
it. It does affect the evaluation of things outside of it.

Essentially, your command is like saying:

Inverse[RANDOMFUNCTIONNAME[{{a,b,c},{d,e,f},{h,i,j}}]]

An easy way to get around this is to make sure A is not set to MatrixForm[blah].

Try

(A=blah)//MatrixForm

Regards,

--