Re: Re: Bug in 5.1??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54487] Re: [mg54448] Re: [mg54349] Bug in 5.1??
- From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akoz at mimuw.edu.pl>
- Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 03:44:59 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Then surely you must have filed a bug report as it would be irresponsible not to! Andrzej Kozlowski On 20 Feb 2005, at 06:10, DrBob wrote: > This behavior will find defenders, I'm sure, but it certainly looks > like a bug to ME. > > Bobby > > On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:31:49 -0500 (EST), Gehrmann, James E > <jgehrman at saclink.csus.edu> wrote: > >> I'm running Mathematica v. 5.1 under WinXP and had the following >> interaction with Mathematica: >> 5>0 >> >> True >> >> 5.>0 >> >> True >> >> N>0 >> >> True >> >> N[5,3]>0 >> >> True >> >> N[5,2]>0 >> >> False >> >> N[50000,2]>0 >> >> False >> >> Are the last two results a bug or am I not understanding the N >> function? >> >> Thanks for you help. >> >> >> >> > > > > -- > DrBob at bigfoot.com > www.eclecticdreams.net > >