Simplify and Abs
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54602] Simplify and Abs
- From: Simon Anders <simon.anders at uibk.ac.at>
- Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 03:21:06 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Innsbruck, Austria
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
can it really be that this is already beyond Mathematica?
In := FullSimplify[Abs[p - 1], p < 1 && p > 1/2]
Out := Abs[-1 + p]
How do I make Matheamtica notice, that the assumptions constrain the
argument of Abs to positive values?
Any suggestions how to treat these kinds of problems? Specifically, I
have a list of products of absolute values of simple polynomials in p
and I know that p is in the interval [0,1].
I would like to know whether the polynomials have constant sign over the
interval so that the Abs can be removed. Can this be done automatically?
Prev by Date:
personalizing Mathematica output
Next by Date:
Re: expression formatting inside tables
Previous by thread:
Re: personalizing Mathematica output
Next by thread:
Re: Simplify and Abs