Re: SparseArray, DensityGraphics, ContourGraphics, and SurfaceGraphics
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54706] Re: SparseArray, DensityGraphics, ContourGraphics, and SurfaceGraphics
- From: Jon Harrop <usenet at jdh30.plus.com>
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:29:54 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Jens-Peer Kuska wrote:
> what has a sparse matrix to do with a density graphics ?
> ArrayPlot is only used to visualize the sparse matrix, but
> all the memory saving of the sparse matrix are destroyed when you
> expand every entry in the matrix (not only the non zero values) to a
> 3D Polygon with 4 corners in Plot3D ...
Only if you tesselate uniformly. If you adaptively subdivide then you can
> It seems a good design decision not to support this nonsens ...
The OPs question is perfectly valid. The answer, I suspect, is simply that
WRI have not yet implemented it. Although not insurmountable, this is not a
trivial problem to solve properly.
Dr Jon D Harrop, Flying Frog Consultancy
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
Construcing correlation matrix from time-ordered list
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: SparseArray, DensityGraphics, ContourGraphics, and SurfaceGraphics
Next by thread:
Most plotting not working...?