Re: Graphic resizing problem Linux notebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54744] Re: Graphic resizing problem Linux notebook
  • From: D Herring <dherring at at.uiuc.dot.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:28:14 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> When I click on a graphic such as a plot output, Mathematica should highlight
> the graphic with a bounding box, and supply anchors with which to resize
> the graphic.
>
> The box and anchors should remain *indefinitely* until I click somewhere
> else to signify that I'm done.
>
> Instead, the selected state of the graphic disappears in about 2
> seconds, so it is too quick to get a hold of one of the anchors to resize.
 >
> Has anyone else noticed this sort of behavior?

Exact same problem here.  Except my selected state disappears in half a
second.  The motion required to grab it is almost a double-click.

> Any ideas how to fix?

My first fix was to change the default ImageSize to something larger.
I think the required fix was at Edit->Preferences->Graphics
options->Image bounding box->Image size.

When I need a different plot size, I usually pass an explicit ImageSize
to my plotting functions.  e.g. Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,10},ImageSize->400]

Later,
Daniel

Running Mathematica 5.1 for Linux (October 25, 2004) on Slackware-latest