Re: mathematica parser

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53240] Re: mathematica parser
  • From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 04:12:49 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Li Lipeng wrote:

>  I am trying to write a mathematica parser in mathematica language. That
> will parse mathematica language directly into web language such as html ,
> JSP and MSP `s combination to generate web pages.
> But I met some problem in mapping mathematica computing content to MSP
> phase. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Could we disscuss about
> this question?
> Best Regards,
> Li Lipeng

Since you appear to be interested in doing this in Mathematica, consider
just letting Mathematica parse the expression, and then just use the
information in the tree  (which you can see if you use FullFormat) to
guide the output.
Since there are presumably methods for MathML output, perhaps you
are trying to solve an already solved problem.

If you do not have a mathematica and want to convert character strings
that look like Mathematica input into trees, then the only parser that
I am aware of (outside Mathematica) is a program I wrote a while ago
in Lisp. Search on google for mockmma.
RJF