Re: Simple Fourier help

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53258] Re: [mg53237] Simple Fourier help
  • From: yehuda ben-shimol <benshimo at bgu.ac.il>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 04:29:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

This should be s rather simple task, but I need to know the source. Is
it a composition of pure sine harmonic functions well separated in
frequency, or a more complicated signal? And what is the sampling
frequency? Are you sure that you are keeping the Nyquist condition for
sampling (at least twice the maximal frequency) in order to avoid the
aliasing effect?
If all these are met, you need to take the
Abs[Fourier[signal-Mean[signal]]].
I order to see it nicely you need to RotateLeft [] (or RotateRight it)
according to the number of samples you have.
Then you need to find the first five local maxima (that are, point that
are larger then both their left and right neighbors), assuming that
there are such five harmonic components.
If you send me your conditions I'll send you an exact code that
generates it
yehuda