FindMinimum -- MaxIterations
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53294] FindMinimum -- MaxIterations
- From: "Alan" <info at optioncity.REMOVETHIS.net>
- Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 03:14:18 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Consider running FindMinimum with an objective
function with N > 1 parameters. I count the number of
times the objective function is evaluated prior to
convergence (or early termination) --- let's call this count C.
The default value for MaxIterations is 100.
Leave all parameters at the defaults.
My question is: how large will C get before 100 iterations occur?
In other words, exactly what is an "iteration" under the
Experience with N say, in the range 3 to 9,
suggests that C is larger than 100 N, but other than that,
I have no clue.
Thanks in advance,
Prev by Date:
any updates to Mathematica control system professional application?
Next by Date:
Re: direct product of two sets
Previous by thread:
Re: any updates to Mathematica control system professional application?
Next by thread:
Re: FindMinimum -- MaxIterations