- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53243] Re: RealTime3D
- From: Jon Harrop <jdh30 at cam.ac.uk>
- Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 04:12:54 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Cambridge
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Ian Roberts wrote: > Hi, > I noticed some correspondence about RealTime3D recently. > Can anyone tell me why it is makes rendering so much faster? I have been > using it with Parametric3D and a 60 sec plot is rendered almost > instantaneously. The result lacks some detail but the speed increase is > so great that many more PlotPoints can be used which more than > compensates. Ian I suspect the tesselation is rendered directly as a set of polygons and lines and not via PostScript and a generic PS renderer. Cheers, Jon.