Problem with DSolve
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53513] Problem with DSolve
- From: Anand <anand at phy.duke.edu>
- Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:44:13 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Consider this simple 1st order equation DSolve[(y'[x])^2 - x y'[x] + y[x] == 0, y[x], x] The generic solution should be y= c ( x - c) and in addition a singular solution of this equation is y = x2/4 . The solution Mathematica produces is different. At least I could not relate it to the above solutions. What am I missing? sincerely, -anand.