Re: does a matrix equivalent of the Arg function exist?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg53601] Re: does a matrix equivalent of the Arg function exist?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 03:47:42 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

at least quaternions have a representation with angle and a 3d vector,
but you can always define more than a single angle and for quaternions
you may describe the 3d vector by the absolute value and the two angles
of spherical coordinates, i.e.

q={r*Cos[psi],r*Sin[psi]*Cos[phi]*Sin[theta],r*Sin[psi]*Sin[phi]*Sin[theta],r*Sin[psi]*Cos[theta]}

Regards
  Jens

news:csl1af$6su$1 at smc.vnet.net...