simplifying inside sum, Mathematica 5.1
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg53709] simplifying inside sum, Mathematica 5.1
- From: Richard Fateman <fateman at cs.berkeley.edu>
- Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 03:37:32 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of California, Berkeley
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
leaves 0^i inside the sum, unsimplified.
So does the sum from 1 to Inf.
The correct answers are presumably a and 0.
Is there a way to get Mathematica to do this?
Prev by Date:
Re: Monte Carlo Simulation Experiences
Next by Date:
Re: Multiple Sums in Mathematica
Previous by thread:
Re: Re:Numbers and their reversals
Next by thread:
Re: simplifying inside sum, Mathematica 5.1