Re: how to find n in expression x^n using a pattern?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58499] Re: how to find n in expression x^n using a pattern?
- From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 02:24:41 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
"steve" <nma124 at hotmail.com> wrote in message news:da5iiq$1tc$1 at smc.vnet.net... > > i.e I need to find the power of the factor x by itself if it exist > in > the expression. not (x^n+anything), just (x^n) byitself. > > For example > > p= x (x^2+2) ---> here n=1 > I think a more mathematical approach might be as follows p = x(x^2 + 2); sol = Solve[p == 0]; r = ComplexExpand[x /. sol]; Count[r, 0] Out= 1 Nasser