Re: How to simulate random samples from crooked coin toss?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg58517] Re: How to simulate random samples from crooked coin toss?
  • From: "Jens-Peer Kuska" <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 04:52:25 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

say a 1 mean a head and a 0 mean a tail than

HeadOrTail[]:=If[Random[]<0.6,1,0]

will generate one realisation of your random
variable
and with
sample = Table[HeadOrTail[], {1000}];

you get a sample of the random variable,
here is the number of "heads"  in the sample
Count[sample, 1]

and here the number of tails

Count[sample, 0]

Regards