Re: Function to handle array with variable _number_ of dimensions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58525] Re: Function to handle array with variable _number_ of dimensions?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.ch>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 03:11:11 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi Joe, if you want a descent answer, please try to phrase your question that it becomes sensible. You have 2 integer arguments, P and Q. Why is PxPx..xP an array? What does x mean? Is P an array? sincerely, Daniel Joe Christy wrote: > I'd like to write a function that takes two integer arguments, P and Q > say, and then returns a value calculated from the P x P x ... x P (Q > factors) array, whose entries depend on both P and Q. My first impulse > is to try and iterate over the array, but I don't see how to generate a > non-fixed number of iteration variables. > > Does anyone have a suggestion of a good way to do this, short of writing > a a distinct variant function for each possible value of Q? >