SeedRandom and $SessionID

Hi Everyone,

I'm doing some Monte-Carlo simulations on a cluster.  Since by default
the random number seed is based on the system time, I sometimes get the
same seed being used in multiple Kernels if they're launched
simultaneously from a shell script (something to avoid).  Is there any
danger in using $SessionID as the random number seed?  Also, does anyone
know the bounds on $SessionID (compared to the bounds on the random
number seed) are and whether the processID is included in the
calculation of $SessionID?  Alternatively, has anyone worked out a good
way to seed the random number generator in Mathematica?

Thank you!
-Kerry Kim