simple integrals

I have both Mathematica_4 and Mathematica_5. I have been trying to
evaluate some simple, definite integrals. Mathematica_4 has absolutely
no problem in executing this task. However, it seems that Mathematica_5
extends the region of analyticity to include complex variables. In so
doing, it responds with a number of constraints that were imposed to
execute. How do I get Mathematic_5 to default, so-to-speak, to
Mathematica_4. Incidentally, if I try to do the same integrals in their
indefinite form, Mathematic_5 can execute to completion. If anyone is
interested, I would be happy to send the attachments that explain very
clearly what I am faced with.
Stan