Re: Improper use of slot

Robert G. Wilson v schrieb:
> Help, I am trying to 'pipe' into Binomial[] two arguments which are taken from
> a list, say lst. I could do something like:
>
> .... lst= ...; Binomial[ Max[lst], Min[lst]]
>
> but I was hoping for something a little bit more elegant like:
>
> Binomial[ Last[#], First[#]] & /@ lst
>
> but that dog wont hurt. Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Bob Wilson.

Hi Bob,

use the function application (f[lst] or f@lst) instead of mapping (f/@lst)!
Examples:

In[1]:= Binomial[Max[#], Min[#]]&@{2, 4, 3, 5}
Out[1]= 10

In[2]:=Simplify[
    Binomial[Max[#], Min[#]]& /@ {{2, 4, 3, 5}, {k, n}},
  n > k]
Out[2]= {10, Binomial[n, k]}

Peter

P.S. sorry, if this message arrives twice; I've got a temporary problem
with my mail/news client.
--
Peter Pein
Berlin