Re: Sudoku puzzle

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg58758] Re: Sudoku puzzle
  • From: "Dr. Wolfgang Hintze" <weh at>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:03:06 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Having found this thread on sudoko only after it was "finished", I still
have two (related) questions:

(i) how to provide a partially filled-in sudoku such that the solution
is uinique? (how many positions must be filled in, and which)

(ii) how is the degree of difficulty (simple, average, hard) of a sudoku

Both questions must have been answered internally by the magazines
providing sudokus.