- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58804] Rodrigues' formula
- From: "ab at sd.com" <at2 at ads.com>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 04:10:13 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Why doesn't Mathematica have anything on Rodrigues' formula, which is used to calculate Legendre Polynomials for solutions of Spherical differential equations. Can Wolfram Research look into adding this to Mathematica's capabilities? Also helpful would be to somehow figure in the relationship between Rodrigues' formula, LegendreP and Kroneckerdelta. Because doing those integrals is really a mess. Any comments on this would be welcome.