Re: writing text and formula in mathematica

This is rather tedious but possible
start a text cell
type
as we know a=a=5 and b=b=7 so a+b=a+b
now select the part a=5 and press CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER (evaluate in place)
and then repeat this for b=7 and then for the right handside of a+b
(without the equal sign)
you will get the wanted phrase
yehuda