LegendreP of order = -1

Hi,
I'm trying to solve an electrodynamics problem in spherical coordinates and
need to use Legendre Polynomials.  Can anyone tell me what is the correct
mathematical value for LegendreP[-1,1] supposed to be?  Is it +1 or -1, and
more importantly WHY? I have a math book here which says it should be -1,
but Mathematica gives +1, so which is correct?

So the question is: LegendrePolynomial[n = -1, x = 1] = ???