solve output "problem"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58974] solve output "problem"
- From: Selina <yedekaccount at hotmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 04:01:39 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Dear all, I have a (possibly simple) problem interpreting the output of Solve. I am solving two nonlinear equations, and I get a list of several solutions, each of which are huge equations, which should be functions of my parameters. Anyway, I am not sure how to describe the problem but the output of Solve involves the following: #1, #1^2, .....,#1^6, along with everything else, and at the end there is an & symbol--something like "&, 2]" at the end of the second solution, "&, 6]" at the end of the 6th solution etc. What might be the reason why the output looks like this, and is there a way to convert this to a "normal" equation (without the #1's etc.)? Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot in advance.