Mathematica: Assistance requested.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg59169] Mathematica: Assistance requested.
- From: "C. Frangos" <cfrangos at telkomsa.net>
- Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:30:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: cfrangos at telkomsa.net
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi, I am trying to learn Mathematica running under suse linux version 7.2. Any assistance with the following would be much appreciated: (1) How do I start Mathematica from the linux command line so as to get only the plain text command line interface ? (2) I have a function defined in a file ftest.m. I am reading this in with the command: <<ftest.m However, this function prints locally defined variables with dollar signs followed by a number. It's not clear how to get rid of this ? (3) How can one use contexts/packages/etc to get rid of the problem in (2) above ? How is the package read in ? Are there some advantages in using packages (even for one function) compared to simply defining a function in a .m file ? Thanks very much. Constantine Frangos.