Re: Modifying equations

Unprotect[Equal];
Equal /: Plus[Equal[a_, b_], Equal[c_, d_]] := Equal[a + c, b + d];
Equal /: Plus[Equal[a_, b_], c_] := Equal[a + c, b + c];
Equal /: Times[Equal[a_, b_], c_] := Equal[a*c, b*c];
Protect[Equal];

Note, however, that unprotecting system symbols is generally not a good
idea as you can mess up a lot of things.