Re: angry FindMinimum
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57678] Re: angry FindMinimum
- From: "Pascal" <Pascal.Plaza at ens.fr>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 05:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In fact, that error message is generated because the minimum on this example is angular, non derivable. If a bit of noise is added to the data matrix U, the minimum is smooth and FindMinimum works fine. The real problem comes when the dimensions of U is a lot larger, like 100x10 times. This is when the Kernel gets stuck, using all the memory available. Thanks for any help.