Re: Re: simple set operations

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 04:21:30AM -0400, Peltio wrote:
> "Edward Peschko" wrote
>

> >That's what a decent cheatsheet (or cheatbook) would do for mathematica;
> reach
> >out to a lot of professionals who don't really have the time to sit down
> and
> >learn things from scratch, but need to learn by doing and applying the
> knowledge
> >they have to Mathematica.
> >
> >A simple, condensed reference guide, something like a "in a nutshell" book
> >by O'Reilly would do the trick.
>
> "Mathematica by Example", by Abell and Braselton, is that kind of book,

hmm... Ok, I'll check into it.

I guess my exhortations to write an O'Reilly book are coming to naught.. ;-)

Too bad, they are a damn fine publisher, and very, very well known (and prestigious)
in the computer world. High standards for publishing, well typeset (almost error
free) books, and an almost fanatical readership.

Perhaps I'm just an O'Reilly bigot here, but I still think that there's a book to
be written here.

Ed