Reducing memory for big data sets
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57891] Reducing memory for big data sets
- From: Maximilian Ulbrich <mulbrich at berkeley.edu>
- Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 03:35:59 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of California, Berkeley
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a big data set of 128*128*1000 points to evaluate (a series of
images, and I plan to use 256*256*1000 as well...).
When I read the data into Mathematica from text files, MemoryInUse
says about 300MB are used. However, my images consist of only about
16.000.000 data points of 1 byte or 2 bytes for other data sets.
Is it possible to make Mathematica reduce the used memory by storing the
data in another format maybe?
Prev by Date:
Applying function to nested lists
Next by Date:
Re: moving dingbats
Previous by thread:
Re: Applying function to nested lists
Next by thread:
Portable Notebooks and Filenames