Re: saving the kernel

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg57893] Re: [mg57877] saving the kernel
  • From: Josef Karthauser <joe at>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 04:34:15 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 03:35:31AM -0400, Guy Israeli wrote:
> Hi,
> is there a way to import/export or save the kernel so that I can continue
> working on something on different computers with the same results? (in order
> to save time, and not recalculate all of the values)
> Thanks you very much,

I asked this question a few months ago and thus discovered the DumpSave
and DumpGet commands.  Unfortunately I've not discovered a way of
getting mathematica to save a notebook preserving the In[] and Out[]
tags so that I can reload a notebook, load a copy of the kernel space
and continue from where I left off - the In[] and Out[] statements are
missing from the reloaded notebook. I would welcome a solution to that

Josef Karthauser (joe at
FreeBSD (cvs meister, admin and hacker)
Physics Particle Theory (student)
================ An eclectic mix of fact and theory. =================