Re: Beginner's Question on I/O Files for Raw Numerical Data
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg57926] Re: [mg57905] Beginner's Question on I/O Files for Raw Numerical Data
- From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at aapt.net.au>
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 05:50:42 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hi John, > > I'm looking for an economical way to make polar plots of the > trajectories of the nine planets, from a 'C' simulation I'm > writing, and since Excel is insufficient, I'm thinking of > moving up to Mathematica. Can anybody tell me if Mathematica > can read and write lists of ascii data? And am I right in > assuming that there's no way to read and write .csv files > (comma separated values)? Mathematica can read & write lists of ASCII data. You are definitely wrong in assuming that it cannot read CSV files. If all you want is to plot lists of data, I don't see why you can't do this in Excel. Regards, Dave.