Re: For Loop and Array related

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg58076] Re: For Loop and Array related
  • From: Paul Abbott <paul at>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 07:09:24 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <d8rhni$i8c$1 at>,
 Andrzej Kozlowski <andrzej at> wrote:

> One more thing. I have no idea why
> << discretemath`
> loads all discrete math packages.

I use this construct all the time. Actually, it does _not_ load the
packages -- it just loads the package Stubs

> I noticed Maxim doing so I tried it and it worked this but I don't think
> it is a documented feature. Does anyone know?

Look up Stub in the Help Browser. There it says that

  Stub is an attribute which specifies that if a symbol is ever used,
  Needs should automatically be called on the context of the symbol.

This is used in all the StandardPackages.

> Of course what really is needed above is only the Combinatorica
> package and the normal, documented way of reading it in is
> <<DiscreteMath`Combinatorica`

Using Stub, only this package gets loaded.

Paul Abbott                                      Phone: +61 8 6488 2734
School of Physics, M013                            Fax: +61 8 6488 1014
The University of Western Australia         (CRICOS Provider No 00126G)