Re: Mathematica 5.0 eps generation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg58147] Re: Mathematica 5.0 eps generation
  • From: AES <siegman at>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:21:22 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

In article <d9394t$8qh$1 at>,
 Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at> wrote:

> >Set this to 100% and re-run the notebook before exporting or
> >saving.
> This doesn't seem to address the issue when using Mathematica on Mac OS X.
> Try doing the following with the magnification set at 100%.

I've not tried all the variations on this theme, in particular the ones
you mentioned.

The problem I encountered involved creating a sequence of large plots
(made large using ImageSize), then selecting and saving them as a
QuickTime slide show.

The QT slide show would show the enlarged plots truncated in a smaller
slide show window.  Setting magnification back to 100% solved the

I think this was in OS X rather than in OS 9; but in any case my primary
message is that using magnification other than 100% **may** cause sizing
troubles when saving or exporting and should be thought about.