Periodic function Roots
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg58391] Periodic function Roots
- From: "FBellas" <no at e.s>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 04:37:27 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Universidade de Vigo
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Hello, I'm trying to solve an periodic ecuation involving several harmonics
(Style ACos(x)+BCos(2x)+...==K). Mathematica can't let me us 'Solve'
function, so it gives me the error:
Solve::tdep: The equations appear to involve the variables to be solved for
in an essentially non-algebraic way.
To arrange this, i'm making a little program involving FindRoot function to
find at least two roots from the ecuation in the first period. But I would
like to know if there are some other method to do this more easily.
Thanks a lot
Prev by Date:
Re: (presumably) easy AspectRatio question
Next by Date:
Integrate and Boole problems
Previous by thread:
Mathematica 5.1.1 on Fedora Core 4?
Next by thread:
Re: Periodic function Roots