computing residues

Hello,

I would like to compute residues of analytical function, but Mathematica's built-in function Residue produces extremely strange results. E.g.

Residue[1/Sin[z], {z, w}]

gives 0, I expected it produce some conditional expression, or at least to leave this expression unevaluated, but 0 is surely incorrect.
What I am doing wrong?

MJM
www.newmail.ru -- óçåë ñâîáîäíûõ êîììóíèêàöèé.