  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54785] computing residues
  • From: mjumbo <mjumbo at nm.ru>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 01:58:48 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I would like to compute residues of analytical function, but Mathematica's built-in function Residue produces extremely strange results. E.g.

Residue[1/Sin[z], {z, w}]

gives 0, I expected it produce some conditional expression, or at least to leave this expression unevaluated, but 0 is surely incorrect.
What I am doing wrong?

MJM
www.newmail.ru -- óçåë ñâîáîäíûõ êîììóíèêàöèé.