Re: Re: Bug in Import?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54836] Re: [mg54832] Re: Bug in Import?
  • From: DrBob <drbob at bigfoot.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 05:07:34 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Not well indexed? That's putting it mildly.

Here's an example of use (MUCH needed in Help):

Export["test.tsv",
   {{"2005-01-24", "2005-02-14"},
     {"2005-01-24", "2005-02-14"}}]
Import["test.tsv",
     ConversionOptions -> {"Numeric" ->
       False, "DateStyle" -> "American", "DateSeparator" -> "-"}]

No matter what options are used, however...

Why is the second record converted differently than the first?

Bobby

DrBob at bigfoot.com
www.eclecticdreams.net