  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg54880] Kernel Problem
  • From: "Dana DeLouis" <delouis at bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:34:25 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello.  I'd like to ask a question.  The function below shuts down my
Kernel.  Is it just me, or is this reproducible on other Windows machines.
Thanks for any feedback.

Needs["NumberTheory`NumberTheoryFunctions`"]

Information[QuadraticRepresentation]

 "QuadraticRepresentation[d, n] gives {x, y}, where x^2 + d y^2 = n for \
positive d and odd n."

QuadraticRepresentation[12, 9]

(Problem, and the Kernel shuts down!)

TIA