Re: defining a recursive formula?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg54901] Re: defining a recursive formula?
- From: Bill Rowe <readnewsciv at earthlink.net>
- Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:34:46 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 3/4/05 at 5:08 AM, illuzioner at adelphia.net (lou zion) wrote: >can someone help me represent the following? >i have a quantity p[R_] := i* R -a >i need to compute >F[N_] := p[p[p[p[p[R]]]]] to N levels deep. >how can i do this? Use Nest as in Nest[p, R, n] Note, you should not use N as a variable name since this is already used for system function. In general, it is a good idea to use lower case when naming symbols you define to avoid conflict with built in symbols. -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four