Generating PDF figures with correct fonts in Mac OS X

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg54971] Generating PDF figures with correct fonts in Mac OS X
  • From: gdelfino at
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 05:04:10 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

As I spent a few hours figuring out how to do this, I will share what I

    DisplayFunction ->
        (Display["!epstopdf -f
        "EPS", ImageSize -> 12*72]&)

epstopdf is an external program. To be able to call it, it must be in
your path. And your path is not really your .profile path. Instead it
is the result of:

which is

epstopdf is normally located at

So you could call it directly, but that wouldn't work because epstopdf
need to call gs and gs is at /usr/local/bin/gs which is not in the

My solution is just to create symbolic links to gs and epstopdf an my
home directory:

ln -s /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/epstopdf
ln -s /usr/local/bin/gs gs

Now it works beautifully.

Gustavo Delfino
Caracs, Venezuela.