Re: RationalApproximation

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55023] Re: [mg55003] RationalApproximation
  • From: DrBob <drbob at>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 05:24:22 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I find no such function in Help for version 5.1.1, and no match for it at WRI's documentation center. If searches like this always worked (but they don't), that would mean there is no such function. You may have to tell us what package the function comes from, before we can find any clues on it.

The Calculus`Pade` package has EconomizedRationalApproximation and NumericalMath`Approximations` has a similar function called RationalInterpolation, but I see no sign that either of them "ends up using" any set of points at all.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 06:34:28 -0500 (EST), Scott Guthery <sguthery at> wrote:

> Is there any way to get RationalApproximation n automatic mode to give you back the set of points that it ended up using?
>Thanks for any insight.
>Cheers, Scott

DrBob at