Re: RationalApproximation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55065] Re: RationalApproximation
  • From: "Carl K. Woll" <carlw at u.washington.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:20:40 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Scott,

One typical idea is to write a wrapper function which stores the values of
its arguments. Using one of the examples in the help for
RationalInterpolation,

RationalInterpolation[Exp[x],{x,2,4},{x,0,2}]

we can modify as follows:

pts={};
g[x_?NumericQ]:=(pts={pts,x};Exp[x])
RationalInterpolation[g[x],{x,2,4},{x,0,2}]
Flatten[pts]

The variable pts stores the set of values chosen as a nested list for
efficiency reasons. The values you want are obtained by flattening pts.

Carl Woll

news:d0p7q0$j44$1 at smc.vnet.net...

To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net