Distance from point to set
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg55273] Distance from point to set
- From: Piotr Kowalski <pkowalsk at ibspan.waw.pl>
- Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:33:49 -0500 (EST)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I would like to compute distance d(x,A) from a point 'x' to a set 'A',
(all in R^n, where n=2 or n=3) that is:
d(x,A) = min ||x - a|| (forall a in A)
where: n=2 or n=3,
x is point in R^n, A is subset of R^n
|| || is norm (euclidean, max, etc).
Can I find Mathematica function or package for such problem ?
Thank you in advance,
Prev by Date:
Re: Interaction of Sum/Plus and KroneckerDelta
Next by Date:
Previous by thread:
Re: How can I compute the Fourier transform of a unit disk and a unit ball analytically by using Mathematica?
Next by thread:
Re: Distance from point to set