Clamped cubic spline

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55303] Clamped cubic spline
  • From: John Brookes <john at analytica.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 05:35:23 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am making a shape by getting Mathematica to draw a smooth curve
through a set of points.  I want to set the slope of the curve at the
endpoints. The slope at the endpoints will either be vertical or
horizontal.  I understand that a clamped cubic spline should be able to
do this.  The SplineFit package doesn't have clamped cubic splines.
There is an old MathSource package which I couldn't get to work.

Any help would be appreciated.