String to numbers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55337] String to numbers
  • From: "Erb, John" <jerb at saint-lukes.org>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:46:27 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello,

I have data in file in the form of strings, formatted as:

<2.54   3.11   2.89>
<3.58   5.24   5.66>
... more

How can I read this into mathematica, and convert the strings to
numbers,
so I would have

{{2.54,3.11,2.89},{3.58,5.24,5.66},...{}}

Thank you,

John C. Erb
Email:  John_C_Erb at prodigy.net

Saint Luke's Health System Confidentiality Notice:
The information contained in this e-mail transmission is confidential
 information, proprietary to the sender and legally protected.  Its purpose
 is intended for the sole use of the individual(s) or entity named in the
 message header.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
 notified that any dissemination, copying or taking any action in reliance
 on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you
 received this message in error, please notify the sender of the error and