Re: Wolfram plugin for Google Desktop Search

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55345] Re: Wolfram plugin for Google Desktop Search
  • From: Matt Pharr <matt at pharr.org>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 04:46:59 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk> writes:
> Can you tell us exactly how much GDS breaches our security? Does it
> transmit information back to GOOGLE, for example - people are starting
> to get a bit paranoid about GOOGLE!

This is pretty clearly covered in the GDS FAQ.

http://desktop.google.com/about.html#privacy

10. What about my privacy? Does Desktop Search share my content with anyone?

We treat your privacy with the utmost respect. Google Desktop Search
doesn't make your computer's content accessible to Google or anyone
else. The application also offers privacy options such as not indexing
password-protected Office files or secure (HTTPS) web pages.

You can learn more about this issue by reading the Desktop Search privacy
policy.

-matt
--
Matt Pharr    matt at pharr.org    <URL:http://graphics.stanford.edu/~mmp>
In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some