Re: String to numbers

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55370] Re: String to numbers
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at sdc.cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 04:12:08 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

John:

If your file follows the said format then the following should work

DeleteCases[
ReadList["C:\\data.txt", {Word, Number, Number, Number, Word},
RecordSeparators -> {"\n"}, TokenWords -> {"<", ">"}], _String, {2}]

replace "C:\\data.txt"  with name and path of your own file.

Hans

news:d1gu3b$p0$1 at smc.vnet.net...