Re: Lines in Mathematica Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg55442] Re: Lines in Mathematica Graphics
  • From: "David Annetts" <davidannetts at>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:34:52 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Hi Peter,

> has someone a idea, how to avoid the vertical lines,
> Mathematica produces sometimes in Plot routines?
> If you do not understand what I mean, please take a look in
> the notebook in the attachment to this email.
> [contact the author to get this attachment - moderator]

Do you mean the grid lines?

You can get the options that Plot takes using Options[Plot] (or reading the
documentation).  The option vaguely related to your problem is GridLines.
You can get rid of them using

Plot[...., GridLines->None];
Plot[...., GridLines->{Automatic, None}];
Plot[...., GridLines->{None, Automatic}];