using Mathematica to plot in visual studio 2005

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg55420] using Mathematica to plot in visual studio 2005
  • From: "Siddharth Jain" <siddharth_jain_1 at rediffmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 05:34:32 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello

I am using Visual Studio 2005 beta and Mathematica 5.0.
I was trying to make an application (in c#) which would allow me to use
Mathematica functions like Plot[], ListPlot[] etc and show the
resulting plot in a picturebox in the form.

I read the .NETLink API and tried to run the sample code:

private void computeButton_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
{
        if (mathKernel.IsComputing) {  mathKernel.Abort();}
        else {
         computation.resultBox.Text = "";
         messagesBox.Text = "";
         printBox.Text = "";
         graphicsBox.Image = null;
         computeButton.Text = "Abort";

             mathKernel.Compute(inputBox.Text);
             computeButton.Text = "Compute";

                // Populate the various boxes with results.
             resultBox.Text = (string) mathKernel.Result;
             foreach (string msg in mathKernel.Messages)
                   messagesBox.Text += (msg + "\r\n");
             foreach (string p in mathKernel.PrintOutput)
                   printBox.Text += p;
             if (mathKernel.Graphics.Length > 0)
                    graphicsBox.Image = mathKernel.Graphics[0];
            }
        }

But when I run this application and press the compute button, a window
opens up which says "Choose a MathLink program to launch" and asks me
to select an exe file.
I have no idea what is happening.

Could someone please guide me on what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Siddharth Jain