Re: numerical solutions to two non algebraic equations.

Hello Robert:

1. MathWorld:
"The decimal expansion of a number can be found in Mathematica using the
command RealDigits[n], or equivalently, RealDigits[n, 10]. " (See also:
HelpBrowser).

2.
FindRoot[Sin[x] - Exp[-x], {x, 3}]

{x -> 3.0963639608966513}