Re: debugging

Do you mean it wasn't an error that referenced a line number? Some
errors in Mathematica do come with line numbers; I thought you had one
of those kind and were just looking for a way to display line numbers.

You could add your own type checking/debugging code that will produce
its own warning messages. That would help you locate the problem.

I usually start from the name of the function that produces an error
and tear my function apart, call by call, until I find the step
between which the output went from good to bad.

You may find ctrl+shift+b useful for this. You may also wish to make
use of the Interrupt[] , Abort[] and Throw/Catch calls.

--
Chris Chiasson
http://chrischiasson.com/