NSum: badly missed Option

I just had occasion to use NSum with a summation from n = 1 to Infinity.

Works well except that I am getting this well-known complaint from
NIntegrate (which is used in the summation method):

     "NIntegrate::ncvb: NIntegrate failed to converge to prescribed accuracy
     after 7 recursive bisections in x"

The problem is that the usual fix for this, boosting MaxRecursion,
can't be used because MaxRecursion is *not an option* for NSum.

Shouldn't this standard NIntegrate option be available here?

regards,
alan