NSum: badly missed Option
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg56831] NSum: badly missed Option
- From: "Alan" <info at optioncity.REMOVETHIS.net>
- Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 04:16:47 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I just had occasion to use NSum with a summation from n = 1 to Infinity.
Works well except that I am getting this well-known complaint from
NIntegrate (which is used in the summation method):
"NIntegrate::ncvb: NIntegrate failed to converge to prescribed accuracy
after 7 recursive bisections in x"
The problem is that the usual fix for this, boosting MaxRecursion,
can't be used because MaxRecursion is *not an option* for NSum.
Shouldn't this standard NIntegrate option be available here?
Prev by Date:
Re: Re: nesting while function
Next by Date:
Re: Re: Plot axis numbers
Previous by thread:
Re: Mathematica and RC circuits
Next by thread:
Re: NSum: badly missed Option